About Your Home Inspection
Home Inspection Checklist
In order to ensure that your home inspection goes smoothly, we recommend the following home inspection checklist:
- All utilities must be turned on prior to the start of the inspection (electric, water, and gas). Property must be de-winterized.
- All pilot lights should be lit.
- Storage and clutter should be moved to allow access into all areas, especially around heating equipment, the water heater and access to the attic.
- Confirm with the seller and real estate agents to allow access to the property.
- Bring any questions or concerns that you may have about the house to discuss with your home inspector.
We will arrive on-time ready to inspect your home. We will take all notes and photographs necessary and follow-up with a detailed report that documents the condition of the property. We encourage you to come along during the inspection and to ask any questions you may have about the home. Reports are typically delivered as a pdf by email the same day.