Baltimore County Rental Inspection
A rental inspection is intended to make sure the unit meets requirements for habitation as determined by Baltimore County. It is very important that these requirements be met before you call for an inspection, as a second visit is an extra charge.
Please download the required form from the Baltimore County website
Look over the downloaded form carefully. Make sure all the items noted are in compliance to the best of your abilities, and then call us to make the inspection appointment. At the inspection we will be looking at the items mentioned on the sheet for compliance, plus any other conditions which might make the rental unit unsafe for the occupants.
Important Rental Inspection Information
- Smoke alarms must be hardwired with battery backup.
- Smoke alarms must also be interconnected, so if one alarm rings then all the alarms do.
- There must be a Carbon Monoxide detector installed outside sleeping areas if the home has natural gas or oil burning appliances.
- Make sure the Furnace and Water Heater are functional.
- Stairs with 3 or more risers must have hand railings.
- All sinks, showers and tubs must have hot and cold water.
- Toilets must be operational.
Rental Inspections are $175.00 Re-inspections, if necessary, are $125.00.
A re-inspection is called for when an item is non-compliant and has to re-inspected to make sure the corrective work was done properly.